Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hi, My Name is Hannah and I'm Addicted to Target.

Hi Hannah! Okay so whomever created Target needs a reward because it has turned me into a Target-a-holic. When I am alone or bored I will take a trip to Target just for the heck of it. I thoroughly enjoy going there with my friends or for any item I think I need. I just love dragging my boyfriend into Target for any miniscule object that calls for my attention.

Why Target? Why not Wal-Mart? I'll tell you why not Wal-Mart. I feel much safer at Target. I am not afraid to go in there by myself (which just happens to be something I enjoy tremendously). Wal-Mart has everything and more but sometimes I question its quality. I wonder what they buy and what they sell just to maintain that they are cheap. For me its quality over quantity. I know that if I go to Target and get some clothes (which I often do), the clothing will last me a long time. And as much variety as Wal-Mart has, Target has such cute quirky items. I truly believe that if I get something at Target, it will not just be cheap but cute.

I know Wal-Mart claims to be the cheapest but on multiple occasions I have been to both Wal-Mart and Target and gotten the better deal at Target. I was searching for a movie and Wal-Mart had it for $19.99 and Target had it for $15.99 - The day it was released! Now really? Don't claim to be the cheapest when you aren't. Sure Wal-Mart has a full produce section but I trust my produce to an actual grocery store like Lowes Foods of NC Born and Bred Food Lion.

I just love Target. Not because it is better than Wal-Mart, but because its awesome. In fact I just came from there and in the process of buying snacks and drinks for a 7 hour drive to Florida I came out with a few magazines, a shirt, and chapstick. It calls my name. It demands my attention and begs me to buy something, anything! Just kidding, but its probably true. I cannot just go in there and get one thing. Unless it is something pretty special or significant. I think that Target is the solution to all of the world's problems. You can't be upset when you go into Target.

I hope that everyone else enjoys Target as much as I do. Maybe one day I will go cold turkey but not any time soon :-)

8 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way! Target is pretty much my favorite store! I can't seem to stay away from it! My love affair started when I broke up with Wal-Mart. That place is ridiculous--the employees are mean, the places has weird customers, the quality (like you said) sucks, the prices are about the same as Target, and I also feel incredibly scared to go to Wal-Mart alone--especially at night. Target just always has that happy, smiley feeling (even without the stupid rollback smiley faces that Wal-Mart uses). Maybe it's all the red or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand what you're saying when you talk about all those creepy looking people at Wally World late at night. Have you seen that website People of Walmart.com? It's a real eye opener to the type of people our country somehow broods. Let's just say freedom of expression is taken to limit at this website.
    I do however enjoy Wal-Mart more than Target. Target never seems to have cheaper items than Wal-Mart, and although they might appear to have better quality products over Wal-Mart, it's all the same stuff and I've had my fair share of bad experiences from Target. I won't bore you with details but I really do enjoy both of the stores. I wouldn't prefer one over the other because there are elements of both that I enjoy. It's really nice and convenient that the two are about half a mile from each other near our school, so we always get a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree. When I was in highschool a friend of mine and I had a Saturday tradition of going to breakfast and then walking around Target to see if there was anything in there we couldn't live without. I love going in there and looking at their jewelry and accessories. They always had the best stuff and it would last forever. I can bet that I still have stuff in my closet from high school that I got there. I also prefer Target over Wal-Mart but Wal-Mart has better food prices on a lot of items and I drink Ginger-Ale and I can almost guarentee that I can get a 2-Liter bottle for as cheap as .88 cents to $1.00. It's hard to pass up a good deal sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't go into Target that much. Retail wise I don't by that much from Wal-Mart...I will occasionally by groceries because it is near by and cheap. I think Target does a lot better job with the cleanliness of their stores than Wal-Mart. I also think Target has cost Wal-Mart a lot of business for the reasons you wrote in your blog. You can see Wal-Mart has taken notice with their no ad campaigns to try to position themselves better against Target. No more Always low prices, its Live Better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Target! I can find so many good things there, but I mainly go for decorations for my home or for clothes! My sister and my mom go to Target so much that every time we go on vacation or just to any other town, my niece asks us if they have a Target. She has turned into a shopaholic and her favorite store is Target too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say that I have not always enjoy Target over Wal-mart but I do now. After having been taken there more times here recently by a certain someone. I do enjoy that it does seem more customer friendly and safer than Wal-mart. I think that it does not have quite the selection that Wal-mart does but I am beginning to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I 100% agree with you, honestly this sounds like an entry I would write, because I love love love Target and hate Wal-mart. I like Wal-mart is dirty, cheap and scary as all get out. I refuse to go there, I get so mad when other people make me go there ha. But I go to Target for everything, I wish we had the super Target in Wilmingto and more than one. One just isn't enough, we have millions of Wal-mart and McDonalds and everything else, why not another Target? I hope one day Target gets more food though because than I would never have to go anywhere else. I do not really buy there clothes but I do buy there work out clothes there!

    ReplyDelete